Friday 5 March 2010

Learning Journal Two 3/03/10

Campus session on the 3rd March – Developing your research design

This session was such a helpful session as I have learnt so much about doing my research and also learnt that different research books can show how to develop my research methods.

Secondary research – secondary research is about different facts that you can get from second source such as the internet, books, and newspapers which you can use these in your research for your project. The main thing to remember about this type of research is that not all of it can sometimes be true so you do have to really look for one’s that look like they have been done in high standee.

Primary research – primary data is all the research you do in your project. These can be interviews, surveys and observation.

Quantitative and Qualitative research

Qualitative research is all about interpreting evidence through individuals’ experience of it and uses that as part of the research.

Key words:

Emotions

Attitudes

Reactions

Beliefs

Quantitaivenumbercrunching with a perhaps more scientific approach to the research.

Key Words:

Numerical measurements

Percentages

Proportions

Graphs

Chats

Statistics

After looking at all of these different ways of doing my research I found that I can now think of the different ways that I will be get my data for my project and have a better understanding of research methods.

2 comments:

  1. Murat the Qualitative research is about interpreting evidence through individuals' experience of it and the quantiative is the numbercrunching with a perhaps more scientific approach! Probably just a mix up in text but might be good to get edit blog.Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paula

    Thank you for pointing out the mistake I think i just put the name in the wrong place. But i have fixed it now

    Murat

    ReplyDelete