Tuesday 3 November 2009

Kolb (School Boys Rehearsal for the Xmas Show)


Concerted experience
This year in the Christmas show I am a part of the school boys for the show called ‘Pinocchio’ which we will doing from the 9th December to the 16th January 2010 as part of the school boys we have had 6 weeks of rehearsal just on our scene’s in these six week with have look at are characters and how we fit in to the run of the show. The school boys have a big mix of age group some of the boys are 7 and the oldest boys are in there 20’s. As I have been a part of many Xmas show for the past 5 years gained a lot of experience working with children in the shows for me I can take in all the stuff I have done for the past 5 years and use them to help take on this group and be able to happy with this group. As for this as I am doing all the show I have been given a big part in the rehearsal part of this show which 1st it was a big thing for me but as the weeks have gone by I feel that I have learnt so much from the group and all so about the way I work.

Reflective observation
I have found that by working so close with this group that I found that the best way to work with them is by doing the piece of movement with them and not stand out and taking a look at what they are doing to see if it is right I feel that it just does not work like that and the only way I feel that they are going to feel it and be able to pick things up by showing them. I feel that by the staff letting me take on this big job that I feel this will push me in my area of work not only I am having to do this now I will be have to keep this up for the rest of the xmas show as in the points that they are not stage I will be use this time re look at the scene as the show does change all the time it cannot be the same show every day it needs to be its best every show this would be the time for it to grow.

Abstract conceptualisation
I have taking on show much in the past 6 weeks from this 1hr and a half session that I can take to my next big project that I am working on. I feel that in these six weeks I have found that it does take a lot of time to make something that start as an idea and help it came alive takes a lot of time and all so takes and lot understanding from you and the people you’re working with I feel that this scene is going to be such a success as I feel that the groups that I have been working in have bought to the Pont where I can feel really proudly.

Active experimentation
I feel that from what I have learnt in from these rehearsals I can take all of it in to a workshop and use them and be able to put something to give knowing that it works as I have been able to try it out myself and know it works. All I have been able now to know how to teach new things to people in the right way for myself and for them and all remembering that everyone does have their own way of learning and to know that anything I do I will learn from and can all ways take something from it and us it in my own work and practise. One part that I have taken from the rehearsal is that if you believe in what you are doing then people will understand it more and will take it in and I have found that this does work with the kids and I will started to do this more in my next project that i take on or be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment